Inspired by Kris.
Five things that make me happy:
1) My son’s fabulous attempts at intelligent humor. Today I told him I was going to help some church friends prepare some things for an upcoming women’s retreat. He said with a sly grin, “What are you retreating from? Or are you revolting????”
2) My daughter’s zany silliness. We sat together on the couch today before Blake was home from school and just made nonsense jokes for about fifteen minutes. We were giggling so hard tears were rolling down my cheeks. Nothing we said made any sense whatsoever, but thanks to that crazy mother-daughter bond, we totally understood eachother. And of course it ended in a tickle fest.
3) My new chemistry teacher. A kind and funny Jewish man who is supplying a copy of the periodic table of elements for every test so we don’t have to memorize it. Oh yes. This made me happy.
4) My Bacon-Parmesan Pasta. It’s a great budget meal. Garlic-cream sauce that is oh-so-bad for your waistline and oh so heavenly for your tastebuds. Add some chopped green onions and pine nuts and serve with spinach salad. mmmm…..
5) Good hugs. I love good hugs. I was hugged on Sunday by a dear friend I don’t get to see very often, and it was an awesome, genuine, squeeze-the-life out of eachtother for twenty-seconds kind of hug. Yes. I was blessed by a hug.